When is the best time of year to move to Cambridge?
So you plan to move to Cambridge and are looking to find out when is the best time of year to do it. First of all, you should know that the moving season in Massachusetts is between April and September. This is the time of the year when most people move. Also, when movers Cambridge MA are busiest. Of course, there is a reason why moving during peak moving season is so popular. It is mainly because of the nice weather. However, moving the off-peak moving season has its advantages as well. Let’s look at your options and how to pick the best timing to move to Cambridge.
Move to Cambridge during peak moving season – Pros
As mentioned above every season has its pros and cons when it comes to moving. Spring and summer months are usually the most popular time to move. And it is so for a reason. Of course, nice weather is the main reason for this. As we all know moving is very complicated, and bad weather could make things even more difficult. That is why people mainly choose to move in this period. However, there are many downsides to moving during peak season.
Move to Cambridge during peak moving season – Cons
- First, good movers are usually booked. So, if you looking to hire specific moving companies in Massachusetts, you could easily run into problems. This means that you will need to start looking for movers at least a few months before the move.
- Second, following the demand, prices are going to be higher as well. And we all know how moving can be expensive even offseason.
- Third, relocating to Cambridge during peak moving season means that you will have to face with high traffic. This can lead to delays or a higher risk of accidents.
Pros of moving to Massachusetts during off-peak moving season
Of course, moving to Exeter NH this spring is easy. However, what if you choose to move off-peak moving season? If it even possible, and what you can expect? Of course, it is possible to move during winter, for example. And many people are intentionally doing so. But why are they doing this and what are the benefits?
- First, moving off-season is much cheaper. Moving companies usually offer huge discounts during this period.
- Second, you will have a wider choice of available movers. And you do not have to book them 6 months before the move.
Cons of moving to Massachusetts during off-peak moving season
However, even though moving during winter is cheaper, it is proportionally that much difficult.
- You will need to bother with moving during unpleasant weather. It is not easy to carry heavy boxes when you are freezing.
- If it’s snowing or raining, your items will be in greater danger. This mostly refers to wooden items and electronics.
- You need to put more effort into packing to protect them from rain, snow, or freeze.
- If it’s freezing outside, the chances of injuring yourself are increasing.
Moving will be complicated whenever you choose to move. As you can see, there are many pros and cons to both options. And only you can decide when it is the best time to move to Cambridge.