The Most Common Moving Mistakes
1. Thinking you can wing it – You may be able to wing a lot of things but moving is NOT one of them. Moving takes planning and if you wait until the last minute, you will be in for a long day. Make sure all your packing is done, your moving company or moving truck booked and ready to move.
2. Pets need to move too! – With everything going on, you may forget about the most important person in your household…your dog! Moving is just as stressful for pets as it is for us. Read our guide on how to move with pets to learn everything you need to know!
3. Plants – Many movers will not move plants for you, especially if you are moving further that 150 miles. Many states have rules about brings plants across state borders so be sure to check with your local laws to make sure it is ok. If there are plants that you must leave behind, consider donating them to a retirement home, botany class or giving them to a friend!
4. Cleaning up after you leave – If you are moving out of an apartment, you’re going to want to get as much of your security deposit back as possible. Don’t waste money because you’re too lazy to clean up after yourself.
5. Moving Day Survival Kit – When you get to your new place, everything will still be packed up. Don’t forget to pack a bag of essentials that include tools, bathroom products, change of clothes, important documents and a flash light. Everything you’ll need for your first night in your new place.