The appeal of relocating to Dover NH
If you are planning on relocating to Dover NH surely you are wondering what it’s like to live in the Garrison City. Dover is a small city in Strafford County and it is one of the top destinations in New Hampshire. With the population of around 30 000 residents, it is still the largest city in New Hampshire Seacoast region. Dover is also considered to be one of the oldest permanent settlements in the United States. With a city that has so much history and beautiful nature that will take your breath away you just can’t go wrong.
Things to know before moving to Dover NH
Dover NH is a very lively city with friendly and neighborly atmosphere, the urban city center with offices, restaurants, and shops. You will have no problems with meeting new friends and finding friendly people. After settling in you will find that this is really a place to call “home”.
The job market in Dover NH
The unemployment rate is lower than the US average so you should have no problems in finding a job after relocating to Dover NH. The median income in Dover NH is 65,000$ and the median home price is around 280,000 $.
Highest salaries have people working in the utility sector, trading, computer, and science industry. It is also one of the top cities to start a business in New Hampshire.
Transportation in Dover NH
Transportation in and around the city is very well organized with busses and trains but more than 80% of Dover residents drive their own car to get to work. And with the average commute time of 24 minutes losing your precious time in transportation will feel less stressful. So if you are planning on moving to Dover NH you should probably own a car.
Dover NH safety
Dover NH is a pretty safe city and moving here with your family is a good choice. Kids can safely enjoy the outdoors without you watching them all the time. The crime rates in Dover NH are much lower than the national average but some crimes do happen, like everywhere else. Of course, it is nothing to be concerned about. You can be sure that Dover NH is a safe place for you and your family.
Natural attractions around Dover NH
There are many natural attractions in or around Dover. The city lies on four rivers, there are many hiking spots in close vicinity and the White Mountains are a mountain range that covers almost a quarter of New Hampshire. If you are a person that likes hiking and nature you will love this place.
Don’t forget the ocean view like from travel magazines and beautiful beaches. There are also many good and safe places for kids so you can have a great time in nature with your whole family. State of New Hampshire really has many things to offer.
The best hiking spots around Dover NH
Here are some of the best and most popular hiking spots around Dover NH:
- The White Mountain National Forest is, you probably guessed it, mountain forest. Fantastic place you need to visit after moving to Dover NH if you are up for hiking in nature. Take one of the numerous hiking trails through the forest or drive to the top of Mount Washington and wait for the dark. If you never had an opportunity to see the Milky Way this is the place to do it. It is a place completely free of so-called light pollution which makes it a perfect place for stargazing. You just need to watch for the ticks and check yourself frequently. You don’t want to catch Lyme decease. It is a very serious thing so you need to be extra careful.
- The Vaughan Woods is a beautiful ancient woodland situated on a Salmon Falls river with more than 3 miles of hiking trails. You will enjoy its well-marked hiking paths and river views.
- The Marginal way in Ogunquit ME is an unbelievable beautiful walkway along the Maine coastline. You can walk along the Atlantic Ocean and enjoy stunning views of the rocky coastline. There are rest stops along the way with benches you can use to relax and enjoy the scenery. These are the kind of views that best travel destinations use to lure Americans to visit their country. After relocating to Dover NH those picturesque views will be at your doorstep.
The Great Bay Discovery Center
- Great Bay Discovery Center is another nice place for nature enthusiasts. It has a nice boardwalk you can follow or you can wander along other trails through the woods.
It is a very good and safe place for kids too. They can enjoy birds, frogs, squirrels or play with some natural toys like sticks or leaves. The Center also holds exhibits about the Great Bay and all the creatures that live there.
- Purgatory Brook and Falls is a 6-mile long trail that is not very well marked but Purgatory river and three waterfalls make it worth a visit.
As you can see there are many natural spots you can visit to relax after moving to Dover NH. Great for families and people with dogs. These are just some of them. After moving to Dover NH you will discover many more.
Hiring professional moving services NH
When you are moving to Dover NH the smartest thing to do is to hire professional movers Dover NH. Moving on your own can be very stressful and complicated so it would be much better to get some help. Local moving companies have a lot of experience with people who are relocating to Dover NH and could be of great help. It is always better to hire a company from a place where you are moving, in this case, Dover NH. Search the internet to find some tips on how to pick a trustworthy moving company when you are moving to Dover NH. You will find some great deals and prices if you do your search well.