Should you move a hot tub by yourself?
You have given thought to every detail about your upcoming move. You have visualized it happening and are so ready for it! But have you thought about how you are going to move your hot tub? If you don’t even want to worry about it, simply hire one of the moving companies in Massachusetts. But some people prefer to try to do it on their own. Since it is an expensive gadget, it is always advised to leave it to the professionals. So if you are one of the people who own a hot tub, think about it. Should you move a hot tub by yourself? This article will give you the answer to that question.
Why is it difficult to move a hot tub by yourself?
- Anybody that is involved in the moving process can get seriously injured!
- If you intend to move a hot tub by yourself, it could void any warranty that it has
- Hot tubs are often huge – a small hot tub is 6 feet long and 30 inches high, a medium-sized one is 7 feet long and 35 inches high while a big one measures 9 feet long and 40 inches high. If you own a move that is sunk in the ground, don’t get fooled. They are much bigger than they look. That is why you should leave it to one of the movers Amesbury MA.
- They are expensive – hot tubs are a big initial investment, and everyone who has one knows that. Accessories and maintenance are also expensive. Then why would you put all of that at risk if you can just hire trained help?
- Hot tubs are heavy – they have an overwhelming weight, even when empty. The weight is from 300 to 1000 pounds, depending on the model. Even the strongest helpers will think twice before accepting to help you.
Hiring help will minimize the chances of damage
As mentioned above, hot tubs are heavy, big, expensive and an incident can cause serious injuries. Hiring one of the
Movers will relocate a hot tub faster and more efficient.And if you think that it is pricy to hire movers in NH for this, just think about how much you will have to pay for repairing your hot tub, if it even is possible to do so.
How to prepare for moving a hot tub?
Even if you hired professionals, there are still some things you can do to prepare your hot tub for relocation. Follow the instructions below:
- Detach the power supply – don’t do anything else if you haven’t done this. Various types have different power supplies. Some have a simple switch while some need an electrician to do this.
- Connect a hose – make sure to connect a garden hose to the drain valve and empty it in an appropriate spot
- Release the water – one option is to let the water flow on its own if you have time. But if you want to speed things up, use a water pump.
- Use a wet-dry vacuum – this step should not be skipped if you are moving to a cold place. Drain out all the remaining water from the pipes and the jets using this device.
- Give your hot tub a thorough cleanse – moving is a perfect time to deep clean the hot tub
Should you move a hot tub by yourself – conclusion
Our final thoughts on the topic of whether you should move a hot tub by yourself are that you shouldn’t do it. Some things are better left to people who know what they are doing, so make sure to contact us. The price you pay for that is minor compared to the damage that can happen. We wish you success and good luck!