Pros and cons of shared storage units
If you need to store some of the extra items after decluttering, or during the relocation process, having a storage space in both of those situations comes in handy! Storing your items will allow you to get some extra space at your home but at the same time to have easy access to your stored belongings. However, storage might be too expensive for you if you are on a tight budget. Therefore, getting shared storage units seems like a good option. You should ask your friends and relatives who might be in the same situation. Get affordable storage North Hampton NH and pay just a half of the monthly price. But, there are also pros and cons that you should consider before making a move and agreeing on using shared storage units.
Shared Storage Units – Reasons For Sharing?
Sharing a storage unit is one of the great ways to reduce the expenses and at the same time, have some extra storage space. You can share a storage unit with whoever you want. That can be your friend, family member, relative, neighbor or even a colleague. Another good reason why sharing a storage unit is a good idea is that you won’t have to pay for something that you won’t be using full time. If you decide to pack and store some of your belongings, you should know that professional moving company also provides packing services NH. So what are the reasons for using shared storage units?
- Too much Space! Do you have just a few things that you want to store? Some seasonal clothes, a few chairs, and boxes? You don’t need a whole storage unit for those items. The best solution is sharing it with someone!
- You need storage for a short amount of time! It would be great to share a storage unit if you and your friend are moving at the same time. You can pay 50/50 for storage per month. Like that you will reduce the storage expenses until you completely settle down. There are some alternate uses for a storage unit that you should check out!
3. It’s Cheaper Than Renting Your Own Storage Unit
The most common reason that people decide to share a storage unit is that it’s cheaper than renting on their own. However, storage spaces are not that expensive. But, why would you pay the full price each month for storing just a couple of items? You can also get more space if you figure out how to organize your storage unit. The conclusion: you should share a storage unit, pay half of the price and have some extra storage space for your belongings, Isn’t that great?
What Are The Pros Of Shared Storage Units?
There are a lot of different reasons for sharing a storage unit. Splitting the bill will save you some money each month. And why would you pay the full price for something you are not using full time? But let’s see what are the pros of sharing storage units:
- Sharing with a colleague. Shared storage unit comes in handy if both you and your colleague are working at the same place and using the same items often. You can store all of the items in the storage unit, so both of you can access the storage unit whenever is needed. Are you planning to start a business with your colleague? These are the best cities to start a business in NH!
- Way cheaper! You will pay half of the monthly bill but still be able to use some extra storage space.
- Easier to manage. Sharing a storage unit means sharing responsibilities too. Both of you will have to watch out for mold and pests, organize and manage the storage unit.
What Are The Cons Of Shared Storage Units?
Everything that has positive effects, has the negative ones also. Before you commit to this, you will have to be absolutely sure about it! You should also have strong and long relationship with the person you are planning to share a storage unit with. Whoever signs the rental agreement will have the legal right to the storage unit. Therefore, in some extreme situations, you might lose access to it completely.
- Splitting the bill can be a drag. Splitting the bill can also have a bad impact on your relationship too. It will be fine if you or your friend miss the payment once or twice. However, if that becomes a normal and regular thing, it might lead to an argument and put your long friendship in the danger.
- What if you having a falling out? Renting a storage unit for moving purposes only is easy. You will be able to cancel your storage after you are done with relocation. But, if you are considering sharing a storage unit for a longer period of time, you have to be sure that your relationship can take it. Sometimes fights can have some serious consequences.
- You won’t have freedom. If you are sharing a storage unit, you won’t be able to make the decisions on your own. You will have to take your friend into consideration as well. There can be a lot of complications. For example, you want to upgrade the storage unit to climate-controlled but your friend doesn’t, etc.
These were the pros and cons of shared storage units! Like everything else, sharing storage units has its good and bad sides. It’s up to you to decide now! Should you share a storage unit or not?