Is Andover MA family-friendly?
Is Andover MA family-friendly? Of course, it is. It is the number one place to live in Essex County and one of the safest places in Massachusetts with great schools, numerous outdoor opportunities, quality housing, a lot of diversity, and everything else that you need to raise a family. To help you get to know this place a little bit better, the finest movers Andover MA has to offer prepared this short article that will go through all important aspects of raising a family in this beautiful and peaceful place. Take a look!
About Andover, MA
Andover MA is located in Essex County and it is considered the best place to live in this part of Massachusetts. It has a population of 36,098 and offers a dense suburban feel perfect for young families with kids. If you are nostalgic about the times when kids could roam the streets the whole day long without a worry in their mind, then, this is the place that you are looking for. Friendly neighborhoods and a tight-knit community will make you feel like you are back in the 60s and 70s. And the lovely architecture along with beautiful green surroundings will only amplify that feeling. That is why, according to Preferred Movers, this is one of the most highly sought-after places among young families right now. And in the following lines, you will find out why that is.
Plenty of high-quality education opportunities await you in Andover
When looking for a place to move to with your family the selection of schools should be one of the priorities. So, when wondering is Andover MA family-friendly, the first thing that you need to check before you start searching for moving companies in Massachusetts is the availability of good schools. Luckily, for you, Andover is known to have some of the best public and private schools in Massachusetts. Here are the best public elementary schools in town:
- High Plain Elementary School
- Community Day Charter Public School – Gateway
- Community Day Charter Public School – R. Kingman Webster
- Henry C. Sanborn Elementary School
- South Elementary School
- West Elementary School
- The Birches Academy of Academics & Art
- Community Day Charter Public School – Prospect
- Bancroft Elementary School
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School
Andover is one of the safest places to live in the US right now
Besides schools, safety is probably the number one thing parents are concerned about when moving with family. And with horrific crime surges all around the country, that is understandable. Luckily for you, you have found one of the remaining safe oases that will make you regain trust in your fellow neighbors once again. Compared to Gloucester, for example, which is considered one of the safest places in the state of Massachusetts, we can see, that Andover is safer. So, if you are currently living there, and you are used to safe streets, hiring movers Gloucester MA and moving to Andover is a great option. Here are some of the statistics for Andover:
- 53% of people say that it’s pretty safe. There is some crime, but it doesn’t impact them too much.
- 40% of people say that it is very safe. There is really no crime that they have noticed.
- 7% of people say that it is somewhat safe. There is noticeable crime, and there are times they don’t feel safe on the streets.
- 86% of people say that the police presence is noticeable and they are very responsive.
- 7% of people say that the police are visible, but not that responsive when needed.
- 7% of people say that police are not visible that much but they are there when needed.
Your kids will enjoy safe open spaces
Spending time outdoors is one of the crucial things for a child’s development. So, when you ask yourself is Andover MA family-friendly, you also need to check whether there are a lot of open spaces in the city where your kids could enjoy themselves. Luckily, Andover is packed with great parks and natural beauties that you can find in and around the city. Here are some of the best parks in and around Andover MA:
- Ward Reservation – 50 Prospect Rd Andover, MA 01810
- Penguin Park – 72-90 Burnham Rd Andover, MA 01810
- Ballardvale Park – 164-168 Andover St Andover, MA 01810
- Harold Parker State Forest – 1951 Turnpike St North Andover, MA 01845
- The Stevens-Coolidge House & Gardens – 153 Chickering Rd North Andover, MA 01845
- Al Retelle Reservation – Brundrett Ave Andover, MA 01810
- Den Rock Park – 341 Winthrop Ave Lawrence, MA 01843
- Baker Meadow Reservation – 14 Oriole Dr. Andover, MA 01810
- Andover Dog Park – 302 High Plain Rd Andover, MA 0181
- Campagnone Common – 200 Common St Lawrence, MA 0184
Living costs in Andover MA
As you can see, Andover is really a family-friendly place. At least when it comes to your kids’ needs. But what about the parents? Parents will, most likely, be interested in living costs. Well, when it comes to living costs, it is good to know that the city of Andover is not an expensive place to live. For a family of four, with rent, you will need around $6778 per month. That is with rent included. As far as real estate prices are concerned, the median home value in Andover is $842K with an average rent of $2,181. Pretty affordable, by today’s standards.
Is Andover MA family-friendly? Now you know
Are you still wondering is Andover MA family-friendly? Don’t. It is clearly one of the best places where you can move with your family in the state of Massachusetts right now. It is safe, has great schools, and is affordable. What more are you looking for?